CHURCH FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1061801
Date first listed:
12-Oct-1988
Statutory Address:
CHURCH FARMHOUSE, CHURCH WALK

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1061801 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Sep-2019 at 09:49:30.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH FARMHOUSE, CHURCH WALK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
North Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Great Hale
National Grid Reference:
TF 14846 42875

Details

GREAT HALE CHURCH WALK TF 1442-1542 (south side) 12/42 Church Farmhouse II

Farmhouse. Early C16, much altered C19 and C20. Coursed squared limestone rubble with ashlar dressings, pantiled roof with raised stone coped gables, 2 gable and single ridge stacks. 2 storey, 5 bay front plus garrets having off-centre C19 2 panelled door in plain wooden surround with narrow leaded hood. Flanked by single 3 light windows with to left a C20 door covered by a contemporary gabled extension. Beyond is a further 3 light window. All windows are 3 light plain casements with timber lintels. Interior retains jambs only of a C16 moulded stone fire surround and the roof, late C17 in its present form, is of staggered butt purlin construction, reusing the oak members of the original C16 roof.

Listing NGR: TF1484642875

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
192588
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 13 Mar 2007
Reference: IOE01/16337/18
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr James Brown. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].