THE OLD VICARAGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1061842
Date first listed:
21-Feb-1986
Statutory Address:
THE OLD VICARAGE, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD VICARAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1061842.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2019 at 12:23:09.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE OLD VICARAGE, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
North Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Great Hale
National Grid Reference:
TF 14824 42966

Details

GREAT HALE CHURCH STREET TF 1442-1542 (north side) 12/38 The Old Vicarage 21/2/86 G.V. II

Former vicarage, now house. 1730, altered early C19 and C20. Coursed squared limestone rubble with ashlar quoins and dressings and rendered red brick, pantiled roof with raised stone coped gables, 2 brick gable stacks. 2 storey, 3 bay front having central half glazed door covered by C20 hip roofed stone porch. Flanked by single glazing bar sashes. To first floor are 3 similar windows, the central one slightly narrower. All windows have Gothick traceried glazing bars and splayed ashlar lintels with keystones. To right is a 2 sotrey, 2 bay extension of rendered red brick. To ground floor are 2 C20 lights and to first floor a glazing bar sash. Inside a datestone of 1730 was found in the blocking of a doorway. Interior retains reused C17 chamfered oak girders.

Listing NGR: TF1482442966

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
192584
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 13 Feb 2002
Reference: IOE01/05638/25
Rights: Copyright IoE Patrick Banister. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].