LEADENHAM HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1061877

Date first listed: 23-Aug-1967

Statutory Address: LEADENHAM HOUSE, RECTORY LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of LEADENHAM HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1061877 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 13:42:47.

Location

Statutory Address: LEADENHAM HOUSE, RECTORY LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: North Kesteven (District Authority)

Parish: Leadenham

National Grid Reference: SK 94936 51823

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LEADENHAM RECTORY LANE SK 95 SW

3/20 Leadenham House 23.8.67

GV II*

Small country house. 1790-9 additions 1826-9. L,Vulliamy and c.1903 Detmar Blow. Ashlar and dressed limestone rubble with ashlar dressings. Slate hipped roof and 2 ashlar ridge stacks. 2½ storey. West entrance front 7 bays with plinth, ground floor cill band, first floor band and cill band, second floor band and moulded cornice with parapet. Slightly recessed central bay has projecting canted porch of 1826 with pilasters supporting an entablature and topped by a parapet, central doorway with double panelled doors and single glazing bar sashes either side. Either side 3 glazing bar sashes. Above a central tripartite glazing bar sash with flat hood, and either side 3 glazing bar sashes. Above again a central small tripartite glazing bar sash and either side 3 small glazing bar sashes. The north and south fronts are ident- tical, of dressed rubble with ashlar quoins. 4 bays with glazing bar sashes throughout. The south front also has a low 2-storey, 6-bay wing extending east, added in 1826. It has an off centre double glazed doorway flanked by 2 glazing bar sashes, above are 5 glazing bar sashes. The eastern bay has a double glazed doorway flanked by narrow glazing bar sashes, with above 3 round headed blind arches with moulded surrounds, and topped with a pediment. smother early C19 extension to the north east. INTERIOR: Fine stone canti- levered 3 flight staircase with plain wooden balusters, and on the landing 2 round headed arches with pilasters and moulded tops, plus a simple Adam- style plaster ceiling. In the dining room a fine mid-C18 marble fireplace. The remaining interiors are largely early C19 with marble fireplaces, and moulded cornices and dado rails. The morning room and drawing room both have panels of hand painted oriental wallpaper introduced by Delmar Blow c.1903. Source: Country Life 17 and 24 June 1965, by A Oswald.

Listing NGR: SK9493651823

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 192458

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Country Life' in 17 June, (1965)
'Country Life' in 14 January, (1965)

End of official listing