This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

COLEBY HALL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: COLEBY HALL

List entry Number: 1061979

Location

COLEBY HALL, FAR LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: North Kesteven

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Coleby

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 19-Nov-1951

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 192196

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

In the entry for COLEBY FAR LANE 5/12 Coleby Hall

the date of first listing shall be entered as 19.11.51

------------------------------------

SK 97 60 COLEBY FAR LANE 5/12 Coleby Hall GV II*

Country house (now divided into 2 houses) C17, C18 and C19. Coursed rubble and ashlar with red tiled ridge roofs and stone stacks. 2½ storeys, 3 ranges in U-plan. East, entrance front dates from 1628 when the house was rebuilt for Sir William Lider. Eight bays irregularly fitted under 6 stone coped gables with finials. All the windows are glazing bar sashes, mostly C18, though of varying sizes, with small attic sashes in the gables. All these windows have wooden lintels. Off centre. C19, 2-storey porch, with glazed round-headed door and large glazing bar sash above, both openings have dripmould hoods. The 5 bay north wing has datestones in each of its 2 stone coped gables, one dated 1653 and the other 1722, suggesting this wing was added in 1653, though re-modelled and re-fenestrated in 1722. Five, C18, glazing bar sash windows survive on the first floor, below there are five C19 sash windows, the western ones included in a slightly projecting C19 bay. All these windows have stone lintels and sills. The irregular south wing was restored in 1892 and again in 1910. Internally the rooms are all C19, there is a good stone chimney piece in the hall and a carved balustrade to the newel staircase.

Listing NGR: SK9732260768

Selected Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 27 Lincolnshire,

National Grid Reference: SK 97322 60768

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1061979 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Feb-2018 at 06:24:21.

End of official listing