WYBERTON PARK

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1062042
Date first listed:
04-Feb-1959
Statutory Address:
WYBERTON PARK, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of WYBERTON PARK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1062042 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-May-2019 at 23:52:25.

Location

Statutory Address:
WYBERTON PARK, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
Boston (District Authority)
Parish:
Wyberton
National Grid Reference:
TF 32830 40730

Details

TF 34 SW WYBERTON CHURCH LANE (south side)

11/129 Wyberton Park

4.2.59 II*

Incorrectly shown as Rectory on OS map. Former rectory, now house. 1689, largely rebuilt 1761 by Dr. John Shaw. Possibly by William Sands Junior of Spalding. Red brick in Flemish bond, ashlar dressings, and quoins. 2 wall stacks. Pantile roofs. T- plan. 2 storey, 7 bay front with ashlar first floor band, dentillated cornice, stone coped parapet, swept up at the centre, with central and corner urn finials. Central 8 panel door in panelled reveals, with ashlar doorcase, having egg and dart eared surround, and raised fluted keyblock with acanthus leaf. Pedimented Doric doorcase, the columns with roses in the necking and foliage sprays in the frieze, and escutcheon with garlands and arrows in the pediment. Flanked by 3 glazing bar sashes. To first floor are 7 smaller similar windows. All windows have moulded ashlar architraves. The central first floor window has fluted keyblock and side brackets. The corner stones are inscribed "T Burton Shaw 1761" and "Edward Shaw", the sons of the builder. To the rear a long earlier service wingwith fluted keyblocks to the openings and a large semi-circular headed stair window. To right side of rear range a 6 panelled C18 door in eared wooden surround, narrow leaded hood supported on curved brackets with a ribboned pulvinated frieze. Interior. Stair has carved open string and to each step 3 slender knopped balusters, a flute, a twist and a column, fluted neweis. Plaster panels to walls of stair and eared door surrounds. Cornices and panelled doors. Roccoco plaster ceiling to library.

Listing NGR: TF3283040730

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
192045
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].