This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

COTTON HALL AND GARDEN WALL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: COTTON HALL AND GARDEN WALL

List entry Number: 1062055

Location

COTTON HALL AND GARDEN WALL, FRAMPTON ROADS

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: Boston

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Frampton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 26-Aug-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 191966

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 3239-3339 FRAMPTON FRAMPTON ROADS (south side)

15/50 Cotton Hall and garden wall

G.V. II

Farmhouse and garden wall. Possibly built in 1689 for the Cotton family. Altered C19, with minor C20 alterations. Red brick in English bond, old plain tiled roof with steeply pitched tumbled gables, moulded brick kneelers, ridge and axial ridge brick stacks, with bands. U-plan, with rear stair projection. First floor band and dogtoothed eaves course. 2 storey with garrets, 5 bay front, originally 7, the end bays advanced and separately gabled. To the left a doorway, now covered by C20 lean-to, has to the right a C19 tripartite sash and a plain sash. To first floor are 3 similar windows. The advanced wings both have a single sash and blocked opening to each floor. In the gables a blocked opening. All openings have brick segmental heads. In the rear is an early C18 door and frame. Interior retains dogleg staircase in rear stair projection with large barley sugar turned balusters with acorn bases, moulded handrail. Chamfered and ogee stopped beams. To the right of the front an 8'0" high brick garden wall in Flemish bond, with pilaster brick buttresses to front, plain brick coping, stepped to right hand end. Source: Whites Directory, 1856.

Listing NGR: TF3331939190

Selected Sources

Books and journals
'Whites Directory' in Whites Directory, (1856)

National Grid Reference: TF 33319 39190

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1062055 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Feb-2018 at 11:57:38.

End of official listing