GRAVESTONE 1 PACE SOUTH OF SOUTH AISLE, 4 PACES FROM EAST END IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1062078

Date first listed: 26-Aug-1987

Statutory Address: GRAVESTONE 1 PACE SOUTH OF SOUTH AISLE, 4 PACES FROM EAST END IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, MAIN ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of GRAVESTONE 1 PACE SOUTH OF SOUTH AISLE, 4 PACES FROM EAST END IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1062078 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 18:00:54.

Location

Statutory Address: GRAVESTONE 1 PACE SOUTH OF SOUTH AISLE, 4 PACES FROM EAST END IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, MAIN ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: Boston (District Authority)

Parish: Benington

National Grid Reference: TF 39705 46502

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

8/4 BENINGTON MAIN ROAD TF 34 NE (west side) 8/4 Gravestone 1 pace south of south aisle, 4 paces from east end in Church- yard of church of All Saints G.V. II Gravestone. 1727. Limestone ashlar. Segmental headed stone with scrolled oval inscription panel surmounted by winged cherub, beneath which is a circular hole for supporting post, now removed. Inscribed to Mr. Wm. Purrill, Shopkeeper of this Parish, d.1727, recording his endowment of the Almshouses which are north of the Church, and also a School.

Listing NGR: TF3970546502

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 191918

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing