CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1062080

Date first listed: 26-Jan-1967

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1062080 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 18:34:11.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: Boston (District Authority)

Parish: Holland Fen with Brothertoft

National Grid Reference: TF 23218 50176

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 25 SW BROTHERTOFT HOLLAN FEN

1/8 Church of All Saints 26.1.67 II

Former Chapel of Ease dedicated as Parish Church in 1924. 1812, chancel added 1880. Red brick in English bond, Westmorland and Welsh slate roofs, with stone coped gables. Timber louvred octagonal cupola with domed lead top. Nave and chancel. At the west end a traceried door with pointed wicket under a Tudor pointed arch. The 3 bay side wails of the nave have 3 brick bands to the base, and a corbelled out eaves, the slightly advanced central bay contains a 3 light window under a brick Tudor arch. It is flanked by single pointed 3 ight windows. All nave windows have wooden tracery and leaded lights. Lead rainwater hoppers. The later chancel has a triple lancet east window with ashlar surround. On the south wall of the nave an ashlar sundial over the central window. Interior. At the west end a panelled gallery with finely dentillated and fluted friezes, fluted pilasters, supported on slender cast iron columns. Plain narrow pointed chancel arch. Matchboard dado panelling to nave. Fittings. Facetted square pulpit matches panelled gallery. The gallery has its contemporary bench seats. Royal Arms. C19 octagonal font. The Chapel of Ease was built following a subscription raised by the patron and rector of Algakirk, to serve the inhabitants of the new settlements formed by the draining of the Fens under the Act of Parliament passed in 1767. Source: Whites Directory 1856.

Listing NGR: TF2321850176

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 191922

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Whites Directory' in Whites Directory, (1856)

End of official listing