CARRES CHARITY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1062129
Date first listed:
16-Jul-1949
Date of most recent amendment:
14-Nov-1974
Statutory Address:
38, NORTHGATE
Statutory Address:
CARRES CHARITY, NORTHGATE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CARRES CHARITY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1062129 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2019 at 16:09:50.

Location

Statutory Address:
38, NORTHGATE
Statutory Address:
CARRES CHARITY, NORTHGATE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
North Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Sleaford
National Grid Reference:
TF 06782 46108

Details

1. 53l2 NORTHGATE (East Side) ------------ 16.7.49. Carte's Charity. (Formerly listed under Market Place) No 38. TF 0646 3/20

II GV

2. Founded 1636, restored 1857. Mid C19 rebuild of C17 foundation. 'Gothick' style. 2 storeys in coursed stone with stone slate roof with stone stacks. 3 projecting porches under gables. 4 windows of 3 lights with mullions between. Balcony to 2nd storey. 4-centred arched doorways. Centre gable has coat of arms over 2 pointed doorways with wrought iron hinges. Low stone wall to road. No 38 is a single storey, 1-window building of same build to South Side, gabled to road with crenellations. Legend 'Savings Bank' over door, which has decorative iron hinges.

Carre's Charity, Nos 38 and 4O form a group.

Listing NGR: TF0678146071

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
191842
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 11 Oct 2001
Reference: IOE01/05778/18
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John M. Smith. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].