This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

STAMFORD HIGH SCHOOL FOR GIRLS

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: STAMFORD HIGH SCHOOL FOR GIRLS

List entry Number: 1062164

Location

STAMFORD HIGH SCHOOL FOR GIRLS, 27, 28 AND 29, ST MARTIN'S

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Stamford

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 26-Apr-1974

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 193683

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 1671 ST MARTIN'S (East Side) Nos 27 and 28 No 29 (Stamford High School for Girls) TF 0306 2/212 II GV 2. 1876. "Gothic" design in coursed rubble with stone dressings. Architect, Edward Browning. 2 storeys, Stone slate roof behind parapet. 2 ranges of 6 windows with cusped heads in square-headed architraves flank projecting centre section which has 2 similar windows arranged vertically in one architrave and an oriel with 3 panels in the base with coats of arms above modern double doors under a dripmould. 4 steps. Centre section is rusticated, with datestone, Crenellated cornice with animal mask spouts. On ground floor 2 windows of 8 lights to the right, one to the left. Plinth. Doorway with dripmould to the left.

Nos 18 to 38 (consec) and the Church of St Martin form a group.

Listing NGR: TF0316206666

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 03162 06666

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1062164 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2018 at 12:42:50.

End of official listing