CHURCH OF ST CATHERINE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1062301
Date first listed:
09-Jan-1987
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST CATHERINE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST CATHERINE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1062301.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Feb-2020 at 03:37:02.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST CATHERINE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
South Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Wyville cum Hungerton
National Grid Reference:
SK 88086 29385

Details

WYVILLE CUM WYVILLE SK 82 NE HUNGERTON 5/190 Church of St. Catherine G.V. II Parish church. 1857, the chancel built in 1868. Yellow brick with ashlar dressings. Slate roofs with raised stone coped gables. Nave with western bellcote, north porch, chancel, vestry. Stepped chamfered buttresses and moulded string course. At the west end a slightly projecting bay carries the gabled single arched bellcote. In the bay a single 2 light window with panel tracery. The gabled north porch has a chamfered moulded outer doorway with embattled octagonal responds. Chamfered inner arch and planked door. Beyond are 3 trefoil headed lancets to the nave and 2 to the chancel. The east window of 3 lights has panel tracery to the upper part. The vestry is in matching style and the south side is as the north. Interior. Moulded and pointed chancel arch with octagonal responds, painted brick walls. All fittings are C19. The church was built at the expense of George Gregory of Harlaxton.

Listing NGR: SK8808629385

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
193432
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 20 Jul 2001
Reference: IOE01/02921/02
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David H Schofield. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].