OLD SCHOOLHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1062314
Date first listed:
09-Jan-1987
Statutory Address:
OLD SCHOOLHOUSE, CHURCH LANE

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1062314.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Jun-2021 at 04:15:19.

Location

Statutory Address:
OLD SCHOOLHOUSE, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
South Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Little Ponton and Stroxton
National Grid Reference:
SK 92483 32188

Details

LITTLE PONTON AND CHURCH LANE SK 93 S STROXTON (west side) 4/111 Old Schoolhouse G.V. II Former school and school house, now house. 1832, minor C20 alterations. Coursed limestone rubble with ashlar dressings. Stone coped slate roofs with kneelers, having double ashlar ridge stack and metal conical ventilator. L-plan. Single storey, 4 bay front, the third bay from left is advanced and separately gabled and contains Tudor arched doorway with stepped hood mould and ribbed planked door. Above a rectangular recess with hood mould contains the raised inscription "C.C.T. 1832". (Christopher Turnor of Stoke Rochford Hall). to the left are single 3 and 2 light windows and to left a further 2 light window. All windows have chamfered stone mullions, plain casements and hood moulds. Beyond to the right a lower recessed blank wing.

Listing NGR: SK9248332188

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
193352
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 11 Jul 2002
Reference: IOE01/08028/14
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Fred Halliday. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].