THE RED LION PUBLIC HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1062400
Date first listed:
14-Sep-1984
Statutory Address:
THE RED LION PUBLIC HOUSE, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE RED LION PUBLIC HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1062400.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 08-Dec-2019 at 18:18:17.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE RED LION PUBLIC HOUSE, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
South Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Caythorpe
National Grid Reference:
SK 93852 48480

Details

SK 9248-9348 CAYTHORPE HIGH STREET

8/55 The Red Lion Public House

G.V. II

Public House, formerly house, 1650 with C19 and C20 additions and alterations. Coursed and banded limestone and ironstone rubble, ashlar quoins, 3 brick ridge stacks on moulded stone bases, pantiled roof. Single range with C19 2 bay 2 storey wing to left and C20 lean to extension to right. Gable end of C17 block of 2 storeys with garrets. Ground floor blank, first floor has a two light glazing bar casement window in a C17 moulded stone surround with above a band interrupted by an inscribed stone plaque with initials TC and dated 1650. In the gable is a small two light yorkshire sash window in a moulded C17 surround. The wing to the left has an off centre C19 panelled door with to the left a glazing bar sash window with a segmental brick head. Above is a C19 margin light sash to eaves.

Listing NGR: SK9385248480

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
193146
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 18 Jan 2002
Reference: IOE01/05899/28
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Derek E. Godson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].