CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1062573

Date first listed: 28-Jun-1952

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARY

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1062573 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 00:43:11.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Liverpool (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SJ 35891 94827

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 3594 WALTON VILLAGE L4

14/1 Church of 28.6.52 St. Mary

G.V. II

Church. Originally the parish church of Liverpool. West tower of 1828-32 by John Broadbent. The north side of 1840, with no aisle. The large south aisle/chapel is of 1911, and the rest is mostly post-war restoration. Tower has angle buttresses ending in pinnacles, 3-light W window with ogival hood mould and fleuron, 1st stage has 3-light windows with blind arcading above which is 4-face clock. Perpendicular tracery throughout. Bell stage has 3-light louvred bell openings with ogival hoods. Embattled parapet with pierced tracery. Nave has N and S porches at W end. S aisle has W entrance and continues E as chapel, 5 bays in all. Chancel of 4 bays has 5-light E window. Low vestry and store rooms at E end. Interior, re-constructed after war damage, contains Romanesque font, heavily restored, under tower, and Saxon cross at E end in vestry.

Listing NGR: SJ3589194827

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 359694

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing