THE MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1062601

Date first listed: 30-Oct-1968

Statutory Address: THE MANOR HOUSE, KING STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1062601 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2018 at 00:02:45.

Location

Statutory Address: THE MANOR HOUSE, KING STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven (District Authority)

Parish: West Deeping

National Grid Reference: TF 11235 08681

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 10 NW WEST DEEPING KING STREET (east side)

10/272 The Manor House 30.10.68 II*

Small country house. C15, 1634, extended and altered 1920. Coursed limestone rubble with ashlar quoins and dressings, Collyweston slate roof with stone coped gables, 2 wall stacks with ashlar shafts and 2 ridge stacks. E-plan. 2 storey, 5 bay front, the end bays advanced and gabled, central 2 storey gabled porch with string course, having C20 door in 4 centred arched surround, flanked nby siungle 2 light and 4 light windows. To first floor a central 2 litght flanked by single 2 light and 3 light windows. In the side wings a single 2 light window to each floor. All windows have ovolo moulded mullions, leaded lights and cornices. Over the first floor porch window is a lightly incised date of 1634. The house has been extended in 1920. To the left a single storey service bay with 3 light window, attached to the rear is a C18 maltings block, now office, in coursed and banded limestone rubble. 3 storeys 4 bay front having to ground floor 2 light leaded windows and a top hung casement. To first floor 2 two light casements and a small fixed light and boarded light under flat stone arches. To the eaves 3 boarded openings. On the ridge a hipped pigeoncote turret. Interior. At the centre of the building is an open hall with exposed close set rafters, with early C20 gallery and panelling and Cl7 stone fireplace with 4 centred arched head. The wall plate exposed shows mortices for earlier timber frame.

Listing NGR: TF1123508681

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 194658

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing