This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

TOWNGATE HOUSE FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: TOWNGATE HOUSE FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1062604

Location

TOWNGATE HOUSE FARMHOUSE, TOWNGATE WEST

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Market Deeping

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 22-Jun-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 194573

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 1210-1310 MARKET DEEPING TOWNGATE WEST (north side)

12/188 Towngate House Farmhouse

G.V. II

Farmhouse. c.1864, built for J. Goodale, with minor C20 alterations. Squared and coursed limestone rubble with ashlar quoins and dressings. Red brick service wing. Collyweston roof with stone coped gables, pinnacles and kneelers. Single wall stack with moulded base, single ridge stack with 4 shafts, all diamond set with moulded tops. L-plan. 2 storey with garrets, irregular 4 bay front, the right hand 2 bays are advanced and individually gabled, plinth. Central gabled and buttressed porch having moulded outer arch with floriated finial, above a square panel with cusped field, bearing a shield with a cock. The inner door is of 6 panels. To left are 2 single fixed lights with transomes and 4 centred arched heads and to right is a single similar 4 light window. To first floor are single 4 and 2 light windows. All windows have moulded hoods and flush relieving arches. To the right hand front is a 2 storey, 3 light canted bay window with plain parapet. John Goodale is in Whites 1856 directory as a maltster and farmer.

Listing NGR: TF1302410839

Selected Sources

Books and journals
'Whites Directory' in Whites Directory, (1856)

National Grid Reference: TF 13024 10839

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1062604 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2018 at 05:35:25.

End of official listing