This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

MANOR HOUSE AND ATTACHED WASHHOUSE AND TRAPHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: MANOR HOUSE AND ATTACHED WASHHOUSE AND TRAPHOUSE

List entry Number: 1062671

Location

MANOR HOUSE AND ATTACHED WASHHOUSE AND TRAPHOUSE, CHURCH LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Braceborough and Wilsthorpe

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 06-May-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 22-Jun-1987

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 194429

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 01 SE BRACEBOROUGH CHURCH LANE AND WILSTHORPE (north side)

5/46 Manor House and attached washhouse 6.5.52 and traphouse (formerly listed as Manor Farm House) )

G.V. II

Farmhouse, washhouse and traphouse. 1620, extended late C17, raised early C19, C19 alterations. Squared coursed limestone rubble with ashlar quoins and dressings, red brick to left. Welsh slate roofs, raised gables with brick coping, 2 ashlar gable stacks with moulded cornices. 3 unit plan. 2 storey plus attics, irregular 3 bay front. Off-centre planked door under timber lintel flanked by single 3 light windows, the one on the right with a cornice. To first floor a single 2 light window is flanked by single 3 light windows. All windows have ovolo moulded mullions. In the roof are 2 gabled dormers at eaves level with bargeboards, rendered cheeks and stone bases. To the left a later C17 service wing with limestone base and late brick raising, 2 storey, 2 bay front with 2 light casement and half glazed door. To first floor a 2 light casement with brick segmental arch. At right angles a single storey washouse and traphouse with red brick ridge stack, 2 double planked doors and to left a planked door, to right a 2 light casement and a further planked door. In the right hand gable are single blocked 2 light mullioned windows to-ground and first floor. Inglenook fireplace in hall is lightly incised on the fireplace bressumer "1620 FRIS". Chamfered beams with run out stops. In the parlour an offset ashlar fireplace with moulded 4 centred arched head.

Listing NGR: TF0832913302

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 08329 13302

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1062671 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Aug-2018 at 12:08:54.

End of official listing