PAIR OF TOMBS AT EAST END OF CHURCH OF ST. MICHAEL (BARON AND LADY WILLOUGHBY DE ERESBY)

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1062830

Date first listed: 15-Dec-1986

Statutory Address: PAIR OF TOMBS AT EAST END OF CHURCH OF ST. MICHAEL (BARON AND LADY WILLOUGHBY DE ERESBY), MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of PAIR OF TOMBS AT EAST END OF CHURCH OF ST. MICHAEL (BARON AND LADY WILLOUGHBY DE ERESBY)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1062830 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 21:17:53.

Location

Statutory Address: PAIR OF TOMBS AT EAST END OF CHURCH OF ST. MICHAEL (BARON AND LADY WILLOUGHBY DE ERESBY), MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven (District Authority)

Parish: Edenham

National Grid Reference: TF0624021840

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

EDENHAM MAIN STREET TF 02 SE (east side)

7/135 Pair of tombs at east end of Church of St. Michael (Baron and Lady Willoughby de Eresby)

G.V. II

Pair of tombs. 1865. Limestone ashlar with polished pink marble and sandstone. In form they are Gothic sarcophagi set on low plinths and having low pitched hipped tops supported on circular marble shafts with annular bases and stiff leaf foliate capitals. The sides have 3 cusped sunk panels, the central ones being segmental, flanked by pointed arches, all with annular angle shafts and sunk spandrels. To the ends are sunken cusped pointed panels containing shields of arms and heraldic devices. The sarcophagi have moulded cornices with fleurons. They commemorate Lady Willoughby de Eresby, died 1865 and Baron Willoughby de Eresby who died in the same year.

Listing NGR: TF0624021840

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 194109

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing