This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

15 AND 17, CHURCH STREET

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: 15 AND 17, CHURCH STREET

List entry Number: 1062849

Location

15 AND 17, CHURCH STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Corby Glen

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 15-Dec-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 194050

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CORBY GLEN CHURCH STREET TF 02 SW (north side)

6/76 Nos.15 and 17

G.V. II

Former rectory, now 2 cottages. 1619, extended 1697, C19 and C20 remodelling. Coursed squared limestone rubble, ashlar dressings, Collyweston slate roof having raised stone coped gables with ball finials, one axial stone stack with cornice plus single wall stack. L-plan. Single storey with attics, 4 bay front, the right hand bay is advanced and gabled. Off-centre planked door, this and the door to the right hand range are both covered by wooden pent roofed hoods. The door is flanked by single 3 light glazing bar windows and beyond to the right is a further similar window. To first floor is a single 2 light similar window. All windoows are C19 with chamfered ashlar lintels and cornices. The gabled dormers have 2 light glazing bar casements and rendered cheeks. In the right hand gable is an ashlar datestone inscribed "1619" and in the main range an inscribed stone "1697 William Stilton". A glebe terrier of 1708 describes this house as the Rectory, and Stilton was vicar and master at the Grammar School. Source: Steel, 1979.

Listing NGR: TF0010824996

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 00108 24996

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1062849 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Aug-2018 at 01:49:23.

End of official listing