This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

GARAGE TO EAST OF HOLYWELL QUARRIES FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: GARAGE TO EAST OF HOLYWELL QUARRIES FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1062875

Location

GARAGE TO EAST OF HOLYWELL QUARRIES FARMHOUSE, CLIPSHAM ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Careby Aunby and Holywell

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 15-Dec-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 194013

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CAREBY, AUNBY CLIPSHAM ROAD SK 91 NE AND HOLYWELL Holywell (north side)

8/38 Garage to east of Holywell Quarries Farmhouse

G.V. II

Former detached kitchen, now garage. 1752, altered C20. Coursed limestone rubble with ashlar quoins and dressings. Raised stone coped gables, black glazed pantile roof, single gable stack, cut down. Single storey with garret, 3 bay front having plinth, single planked door flanked by single blocked lights. All openings have plain ashlar architraves with raised keystones. In the gable end a C20 garage door with above a single light as the front. On the eaves stones are the initials SR and the date 1752. Interior has large rectangular fireplace with deep ashlar lintel and raised keyblock. To left side is a copper and to right a bread oven with iron door and brick voussoirs to opening. At the back are 2 wrought iron pot hooks. Chamfered girders have simple run out stops.

Listing NGR: SK9874715795

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SK 98747 15795

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1062875 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Feb-2018 at 10:21:21.

End of official listing