This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1062976



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Stamford

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 22-May-1954

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 193760

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


1. 1671 ST MARY'S STREET (South Side) No 27A (Old Theatre) TF 0307 1/276 22.5.54. II* GV 2. Lease of 1766. 2 storeys in ashlar. Rusticated quoins. Moulded modillion cornice and parapet. Hipped old slate roof with arrow vane at peak. 5 windows, 4 with shouldered stone surrounds and large triple keystones and moulded cills. C19 marginal glazing. Centre window is round-headed with multiple keystone and cill on moulded brackets. This window is raised above the level of the others on the lst floor, Ground floor has 2 side doors of 6 panels recessed in plain stone surrounds with triple keystones and chamfered Jambs. 2 windows in plain stone surrounds. Large central doorcase with panelled pilasters and open pediment. Large semi-circular fanlight over double doors of 6 panels, 'Gothic' glazing. Interior has been gutted and building has been used as a club. It retains one very fine doorcase on the inside of the main entrance. This is in Roman Ionic, with elaborate mouldings, frieze and open modillion pediment.

Nos 27 to 40 (consec) form a group.

Listing NGR: TF0314007051

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 03119 07077


© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1062976 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Aug-2018 at 05:05:49.

End of official listing