CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1062996

Date first listed: 14-Sep-1966

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1062996 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 15:45:29.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Hameringham

National Grid Reference: TF 30983 67292

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

FORTY THIRD LIST OF BUILDINGS OF SPECIAL ARCHITECTURAL OR HISTORIC INTEREST COMPILED UNDER SECTION 54 OF THE TOWN AND COUNTRY PLANNING ACT 1971

TF 36 NW HAMERINGHAM CHURCH LANE (north side)

5/1 Church of All Saints 14.9.66 II

Parish church. c.1200, late C14, mid Cl9, heavily restored 1893 by Hodgson Fowler. Greenstone rubble blocks, rendered brick, limestone ashlar and red sandstone dressings. Plain tile, lead and slate roofs with stone coped gables and cross finials. C19 west bell turret with slate hung rectangular base, wooden slatted bell openings, pyramidal slate roof with finial and weathervane. Nave with west bell turret and south porch, chancel. Plinth runs round entire church. West front with C19 pointed window with 2 pointed, cusped lights, panel tracery and hood mould. Slit light above in gable. 2 stage buttress defines south aisle's west front to right. North side of nave with rectangular west jamb of blocked doorway. Pointed C19 window to left with 3 cusped, ogee headed lights and flowing tracery. 3 stage red brick buttress beyond. Rendered brick mid C19 chancel with pointed east window with 3 pointed, cusped lights, panel tracery, hood mould and head label stops. South side of nave with medieval plinth and moulded string course. 2 pointed windows, each with 2 ogee headed, cusped lights with flowing tracery. Gabled C19 porch to west with pointed doorway with continuous bowtell moulded surround and hood mould. Inner C19 doorway with pointed head, continuous moulded surround and plank door. C14 pointed window to west with 2 cusped, ogee headed lights with flowing tracery. 3 bay south arcade of c.1200 with pointed, double chamfered heads, octagonal piers, thaat to the west of green sandstone, that ot east of limestone and with crocket capital; eastern-most bay with hood mould and single head label stop to west. C19 chancel arch with double chamfered head, the inner order with polygonal corbels. Pointed piscina of c.1200 to east of south doorway. C19 roofs. C20 pews, altar rail and altar. C15 octagonal pulpit with cusped panels containing shields, pedestal with panel traceried panels and figures, including angels.

Listing NGR: TF3098367292

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 195658

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing