WAREHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1062999

Date first listed: 25-Mar-1987

Statutory Address: WAREHOUSE, BANKS STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of WAREHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1062999 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 14:50:32.

Location

Statutory Address: WAREHOUSE, BANKS STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Horncastle

National Grid Reference: TF 26057 69635

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 2669 HORNCASTLE BANKS STREET (north side)

7/11 Warehouse G.V. II Warehouse. 1890. Red brick with limestone ashlar dressings. Pantile roof with ornate, stepped, ashlar coped gable with kneelers and 3 pyramidal ashlar finials. 4 storeys, 3 bay south front with central large rectangular opening with moulded brick surround and large partially glazed double doors with glazing bars. Moulded ashlar string course above. First floor with central doorway with basket arch, brick moulded surround, ornate ashlar keystone, overlight with glazing bars and plank door. Single flanking windows with moulded brick surrounds, ornate raised keystones and 2 light casements with fixed glazing bar overlights. Moulded ashlar string course above. 2 brick pilasters with ashlar bands rise from above the keystones of the first floor windows, through the second and third floors to the base of the flanking pyramidal finials. Second floor with 2 small windows with segmental heads, moulded brick keystones and fixed glazing bars with small casements. They flank a projecting wood and cast iron pulley. Third floor with central window with ashlar ogee shaped plaque below, segmental head, fragmentary glazing bar casement and pilaster with ashlar bands rising from moulded brick keystone to central pyramidal finial above. Window flanked by 4 ties in the form of the date "1890".

Listing NGR: TF2605769635

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 195668

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing