Heritage Category:
Listed Building
List Entry Number:
Date first listed:
Statutory Address:


Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST PETER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1063060.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Feb-2020 at 19:13:49.


Statutory Address:

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

East Lindsey (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
TF 43104 89268


SALTFLEETBY ST.PETERS NORTH END LANE TF 48 NW (west side) 9/59 Church of 9.3.67 St. Peter II*

Parish church. 1877 by James Fowler re-using C13, C14 and C15 fragments from original parish church in Charles Gate Road. Coursed greenstone rubble, limestone ashlar dressings. Plain tiled roofs with stone coped gables with cross finials and gabled west bellcote with trefoil headed bell opening, hood mould and grotesque head label stops. Nave with west bellcote, north and south aisles, south porch and chancel with north vestry. Plinth and regularly placed 2 stage buttresses round entire church. West front with moulded string course running below pointed window with 3 cusped pointed lights, vertical tracery and hood mould. Single lancets to north and south each with chamfered surround, hood mould with label stops (single label stop broken off from south lancet.) North side of nave with 3 windows re- using C15 fragments each with flattened triangular head, 2 pointed cusped lights with ovolo moulded mullions. North vestry with rectangular window of c.1300 with 2 ogee cusped lights. Doorway to left with pointed head, chamfered surround in one, hood mould with head label stops and plank door. East end of vestry with window of c.1300 with single light with cusped ogee head. East end of chancel with moulded string course and 3 C19 lancets, that in the centre taller, with continuous hood mould and label stops. South side of chancel with 2 pairs of C19 lancets with hood moulds and label stops and mouldedstring course running below. East end of south aisle with lancet with hood mould. South side of aisle with 4 re-used C14 and C15 windows. Rectangular window to east with 3 cusped ogee headed lights, reticulated tracery and hood mould. Window to west with flattened triangular head, 2 pointed cusped lights and hood mould. Rectangular window beyond with 2 cusped ogee headed lights with window to west with flattened triangular head with 2 pointed cusped lights. C19 porch with single pointed chamfered lights in east and west walls. Pointed south doorway with moulded head and jambs in one, hood mould and label stop heads. Porch interior with single stone bench to west. Window sill above with fragments of C15 cross head. C14 south doorway with pointed chamfered head and chamfered jambs. Early C13 north and south arcades of 4 bays with pointed double chamfered heads, round piers and C19 corbelled responds. C14 chancel arch with steeply pitched pointed double chamfered heads dying into walls to east and west. C19 north vestry doorway with pointed chamfered head, chamfered jambs, hood mould and label stops. East window with nook shafts and hood mould. Small ornate C19 wooden reredos. C19 pews, altar rail, pulpit with ashlar base, lecturn and roofs. C12 plain drum font on C20 base.

Listing NGR: TF4310489268


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
Legacy System:


This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 03 Mar 2002
Reference: IOE01/06101/22
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Brian Harris. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].