CHURCH OF ST PETER

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1063066

Date first listed: 14-Sep-1966

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST PETER, PANTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST PETER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1063066 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 01:31:07.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST PETER, PANTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Sotby

National Grid Reference: TF 20433 78867

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SOTBY PANTON ROAD TF 27 NW (south side) 6/40 Church of St. Peter 14.9.66 G.V. II*

Parish church. Early C12, C13, late C18, 1857 by Michael Drury. Greenstone rubble blocks, limestone ashlar dressings, some red brick patching, some render. Slate roofs with decorative ridge tiles, stone coped gables and eastern cross finial. Bell turret, nave, chancel. C18 nave restored in C19. West front with C19 round headed doorway with rectangular jambs, hood mould and plank door. Small C18 round headed window above with Y tracery. C19 bell turret with round headed opening containing bell, gable above with cross finial. North side of nave with plinth and single late C18 window with round head, Y tracery and red brick patched surround. 2 stage buttress to east. North side of chancel plain. East end of C13 chancel restored in C19, with single stage diagonal buttresses with C19 setoffs. C19 east window of 3 lancets, that in centre, taller, with continuous hood mould and 2 label stops. South side of chancel with C19 plate traceried window of 2 trefoil headed lights with quatrefoil above. South side of chancel with plinth and C18 round headed window with Y tracery. Interior north west wall with piscina in round headed niche. Early C12 chancel arch with round head with 2 rolls, large, moulded imposts with looped motif on west corners, rectangular western jambs, chamfered eastern head and jambs. North wall of chancel with tomb recess arch partially underground. Blocked aumbry above with pointed head, chamfered surround and bold inner cusping. South wall of chancel with double piscina under single pointed arch. Gravestone in chancel floor to John Porter, rector, died 1688.

Listing NGR: TF2043378867

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 195415

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing