FOLLY AT BRACKENBOROUGH HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1063083

Date first listed: 17-Nov-1986

Statutory Address: FOLLY AT BRACKENBOROUGH HALL, BRACKENBOROUGH HALL DRIVE

Map

Ordnance survey map of FOLLY AT BRACKENBOROUGH HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1063083 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 17:45:33.

Location

Statutory Address: FOLLY AT BRACKENBOROUGH HALL, BRACKENBOROUGH HALL DRIVE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Brackenborough with Little Grimsby

National Grid Reference: TF 32948 90549

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BRACKENBOROUGH BRACKENBOROUGH TF 39 SW HALL DRIVE (west side) 3/14 Folly at Brackenborough Hall G.V. II

Folly. 1863 re-using C14 fragments. Red brick, some greenstone rubble, limestone ashlar. West side with pointed ashlar dressed window to left and rectangular window to right, with 3 cusped ogee headed lights, both with broad wooden lintels. North side with large pointed arch of re-used window with moulded surround, stub of tracery in head and hood mould. East side with moulded arch with segmental head and hood mould. South side with rectangular window with 2 cusped ogee headed lights and broad wooden lintel. Folly open to air, raised on mound in south-west corner of moated site. Medieval fragments taken from Fotherby parish church, demolished 1863. Built for James Robson.

Listing NGR: TF3294890549

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 195456

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing