CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1063106
Date first listed:
06-Feb-1986
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, PANTON LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST ANDREW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1063106.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 27-Feb-2020 at 19:56:57.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, PANTON LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
East Lindsey (District Authority)
Parish:
East Barkwith
National Grid Reference:
TF 17551 78946

Details

PANTON PANTON LANE TF 17 NE (north side) 5/33 Church of St. Andrew II Parish church, now hay barn. c.1770, restored 1905, c.1925-30, by Christopher Turnor, c.1980. Greenstone and ironstone rubble blocks, some limestone, some red brick. Plain tile and pantile roofs with early C20 brick tumble gables, brick coped gables and decorated brick eaves. C20 brick gabled bellcote with round headed bell opening. Bellcote, nave and chancel. West end with doorway with broad wooden lintel and panelled double doors, both of c.1980. North side of nave with 2 C18 round headed windows with plain archivolts and small raised keystones. C20 cross mullions. North side of chancel, plain. East end of chancel with single C18 round headed window with plain archivolt, raised keystone and C20 cross mullions. South side of chancel, plain. South side of nave with 2 C18 round headed windows with plain archivolts, raised keystones and C20 cross mullions. Interior roofs with painted decoration. Chancel arch of 1905. 'Arts and Crafts' fittings of c.1925-30 removed from church. Several C18 gravestones in chancel including one to Elizabeth Grace, died 1721, with round headed panel and crude skull and cross bones.

Listing NGR: TF1755178946

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
195408
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].