This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH OF ST EDITH

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ST EDITH

List entry Number: 1063120

Location

CHURCH OF ST EDITH, MAIN STREET (LITTLE GRIMSBY HALL)

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Brackenborough with Little Grimsby

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 09-Sep-1967

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 195336

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 39 SW LITTLE GRIMSBY MAIN STREET (in grounds of Little Grimsby Hall)

7/29 Church of St. Edith 9.9.67 G.V. II

Parish church. C15, restored 1777, 1855 and 1891. Rendered and whitewashed stone with ironstone and ashlar dressings, lead roofs. Nave with bellcote and chancel. The west end has a continuous moulded 4 centred arched doorway with trefoil spandrels and moulded square hood with human head labels. Over the arch an inscription "repaired 1891". Above is a quatrefoil containing the initials ED IIH and the date 1500 with P above. C19 gabled bellcote with cross. North side is blank. Chancel east wall has a C19 window with wooden intersecting tracery and moulded hood. Chancel south wall has 2 C15 2 light windows with cusped heads and square moulded hoods. The south wall of the nave has one C19 2 light window and a C15 2 light window, with cusped heads and moulded pointed hood. Interior. The chancel arch is basket shaped. The nave has a queen post roof and the chancel king post roof is dated 1777. In the chancel is a C18 font reset as a piscina. Fittings. All fittings C19, with 4 commandment boards, 2 hatchments and to either side of the altar are 2 oak figures of angels playing instruments. On the north side of the chancel a scrolled bracket supports a marble bust of Lady F. Beauclerk d.1877.

Listing NGR: TF3264791316

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 32647 91316

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1063120 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Feb-2018 at 03:02:36.

End of official listing