MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1063135

Date first listed: 09-Mar-1967

Statutory Address: MANOR HOUSE, MARKET PLACE

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1063135 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Apr-2019 at 20:19:06.

Location

Statutory Address: MANOR HOUSE, MARKET PLACE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Binbrook

National Grid Reference: TF 21063 93946

Details

BINBROOK MARKET PLACE TF 29 SW 2/15 Manor House 9.3.67 G.V. II

House. Rear range of c.1700, C18 front raised and altered in late C18 with rear addition of 1899, by Croft and Bentley, Architects. Red brick with painted stone and stucco dressings, slate roof with stone coped gables and kneelers, 2 brick gable stacks. L-plan originally. 3 storey, 3 bay front with painted first and second floor stone bands. Central 4 panelled door with traceried fanlight, stone doorcase having Tuscan columns supporting dentillated open pediment, flanked by single tripartite glazing bar sash windows. To first floor a central Venetian glazing bar sash window with stepped key block, flanked by single tripartite windows. Second floor has central semi- circular fixed light with Gothick glazing bars, bracketed sill and stepped key block, flanked by single smaller tripartite windows. All tripartite windows have splayed stucco lintels. Interior has late C18 stair with generously wreathed handrail and delicate turned and knopped balusters. Otherwise the hall has dado panelling, stained glass and other fittings of 1899. In the front right hand room is a late C18 fireplace surround with urns, wreaths and dentillated cornice and cast iron Bath grate. The kitchen in the rear wing has an impressive c.1900 cast iron range by Cartwright and Pickering of Louth, in a blue and white tiled surround.

Listing NGR: TF2106393946

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 195267

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing