WITHCALL HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1063149

Date first listed: 24-Feb-1986

Statutory Address: WITHCALL HOUSE, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of WITHCALL HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1063149 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 07:11:25.

Location

Statutory Address: WITHCALL HOUSE, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Withcall

National Grid Reference: TF 28248 83891

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WITHCALL CHURCH LANE TF 28 SE 10/49 Withcall House II

House. Early C18, extensively altered and remodelled c.1820 and c.1840. Rendered with hipped slate roofs, deep overhanging eaves and 3 ridge rendered stacks. L-plan. The original house had the rear wing raised in 1820, and the west front remodelled in 1840. The south front is of 3 storeys and 6 bays with plinth, pilasters, second floor cill band and deep bracketed eaves. Off centre half glazed panelled door with flanking lights covered by Ionic portico, paired columns, with dentillated cornice, flanked by pairs of bordered sashes with beyond to left a taller similar window. To first floor a tripartite window above the door is flanked by pairs of glazing bar sashes with beyond to left a bordered sash. To second floor a shorter tripartite window is flanked by pairs of glazing bar sashes. The interior has a grand c.1840 staircase and open well above the entrance hall.

Listing NGR: TF2824883891

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 195301

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing