THE OLD SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1063162
Date first listed:
06-Sep-1985
Statutory Address:
THE OLD SCHOOL, 1 AND 2, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD SCHOOL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1063162 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2019 at 06:24:11.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE OLD SCHOOL, 1 AND 2, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
East Lindsey (District Authority)
Parish:
Stixwould and Woodhall
National Grid Reference:
TF 17502 65926

Details

STIXWOULD TF 16 NE MAIN STREET (north side) 6/43 1 and2 The Old School II Former school, now 2 houses. 1851, enlarged 1894. Red brick with slate roofs, 2 triple ridge stacks and a double ridge stack. E- plan. Single storey with 2 storey cross wings, 5 bay front. Plinth, first floor band, dogtooth course, overhanging eaves. Central doorway with fanlight having moulded stone surround with key and impost blocks, set in gabled projecting porch with corner pilasters. Above the door is a circular datestone inscribed "C T 1851" with moulded keyed surround. To either side are triple arched narrow semi-circular headed margin lights with continuous stone sills and brick heads. Beyond the 2 storey bay projects with corner pilasters and central double arched lights with above a single similar window. The village of Stixwould was part of the Christopher Turner Estate in C19.

Listing NGR: TF1750265926

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
195228
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 27 Nov 2002
Reference: IOE01/08415/10
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Roger H Mockford. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].