This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1063170



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Edlington with Wispington

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 14-Sep-1966

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 195245

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


WISPINGTON CHURCH LANE TF 27 SW 4/63 Church of St. Margaret 14-9-66 II Parish church, now closed. 1863 by John Atkinson of York. Squared grey sandstone rubble with limestone dressings, slate roofs with stone coped gables and crosses fleury. Western tower, nave, chancel, south porch, vestry. The 2 stage tower projects only slightly from the west end of the nave. It has 2 stepped buttresses which support a blank pointed arch. The 2 light west window has a trefoil over and there is a quatrefoil above. The belfry stage has paired lancets in the principal directions and it is surmounted by a broached spire. To the north wall are 3 paired lancets and a single lancet window. To the north east angle of the nave is a chimney with ashlar stack. The vestry has a single east window. The chancel east window is of 3 pointed lights, united under a hood mould, with label stops. The chancel south wall has 2 lancets with hood moulds having carved decorative label stops, featuring birds and animals. The nave south wall has 2 pairs of flush lancets and the gabled south porch has a single hollow chamfered order to the pointed doorway, with hood mould and label stops, and a single chamfered inner doorway. Interior. Font, pulpit and a relief of St. Margaret were all carved in stone by the vicar, Rev. Charles Pratt Terrot. Monuments. To the Philips family, one 1715 with putto heads and a skull, the other 1720 more architectural with pilasters. This family lived at Hall Farm, Wispington during late C16-1720.

Listing NGR: TF2051971688

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 20519 71688


© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1063170 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2018 at 04:37:58.

End of official listing