ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF ST PAUL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1063309

Date first listed: 14-Mar-1975

Statutory Address: ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF ST PAUL, TOWN ROW

Map

Ordnance survey map of ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF ST PAUL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1063309 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Dec-2018 at 11:23:18.

Location

Statutory Address: ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF ST PAUL, TOWN ROW

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Liverpool (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SJ 40176 92870

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 04/11/2011

SJ 49 SW L12 5/1236 14.3.75

TOWN ROW Roman Catholic Church of St. Paul

II

Catholic Church, 1914. Pugin and Pugin. Red sandstone, rock- faced, with blue slate roof. 4-bay nave with aisles under cross-gables, north west octagonal baptistry and short south-west tower. 2-bay chancel and flanking shallow chapels.Free Perpendicular style. West front has 2 pointed entrances flanking buttress with statue in niche above. 2 lancets and higher 4-light window. Tower has irregularly placed stair windows, 3 narrow lights and two 4-light bell openings, cornice and short spire. Canted chancel has high 2-light geometrical windows, flanking chapels have 2-light north and south window. Interior has round columns with 4 shafts and moulded capitals. Boarded timber rib vaults. West gallery with narthex below. Continuous altar rail to chancel and chapels. Alabaster altars and reredoses.

Listing NGR: SJ4017692870

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 359616

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing