RANGE ON SOUTH SIDE OF EDGE HILL STATION

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1063311

Date first listed: 14-Oct-1974

Statutory Address: RANGE ON SOUTH SIDE OF EDGE HILL STATION, TUNNEL ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of RANGE ON SOUTH SIDE OF EDGE HILL STATION
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1063311 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 15:27:01.

Location

Statutory Address: RANGE ON SOUTH SIDE OF EDGE HILL STATION, TUNNEL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Liverpool (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SJ 37151 89928

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 38 NE TUNNEL ROAD L7

7/1241 Range on south side of Edge Hill 14.10.74 Station

G.V. II*

Station building. 1836. Built for Liverpool and Manchester Railway. Red sandstone with hipped slate roof. 2 storeys and 6 bays, the 1st 3 bays break back, the 5th bay breaks forward. Channelled rustication, that to ground floor much heavier, 1st floor sill band, top frieze, cornice and blocking course with gable over 5th bay. Ground floor windows and entrances in recessed ashlar reveals with projecting keystones, the windows are sashed the entrances have paired 4-panel doors . 1st floor windows are sashed with glazing bars. 4-bay extension to east of one storey with tall brick parapet houses stairs to under-pass. Rear of building is of yellow brick with plastered 1st floor. One of the oldest railway stations in the world still in use.

Listing NGR: SJ3715189928

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 359621

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing