GRAPES PUBLIC HOUSE AND HIGSONS BREWERY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1063327

Date first listed: 19-Jun-1985

Statutory Address: GRAPES PUBLIC HOUSE AND HIGSONS BREWERY, STANHOPE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of GRAPES PUBLIC HOUSE AND HIGSONS BREWERY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1063327 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Dec-2018 at 05:52:59.

Location

Statutory Address: GRAPES PUBLIC HOUSE AND HIGSONS BREWERY, STANHOPE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Liverpool (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: Non Civil Parish

National Grid Reference: SJ3500888961

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 38 NE 7/1188

STANHOPE STREET, L8 Higsons Brewery and Grapes Public House

II

Brewery and public house. 1896-1902. J.Redford architect for Robert Cain and Sons. Red brick and terracotta. Various ranges. Main street facade of 11 bays with round-arched and gabled east entrance to right. 1st 4 bays of 3 storeys, rest of one storey. 1st floor sill band; bracketed cornice with consoles at bay intervals; tall parapet with coping. Windows above sill band in round-headed recesses with decorated spandrels. Much terracotta decoration including beer casks, hops, barley and inscriptions. Public house has windows and 2 entrances to ground floor; terracotta panels between floors. 2-bay return to Grafton Street, then 5-storey, 7-bay range. Tall rear range with corner tower and chimney. Courtyard range to right of this of 3 storeys and 4 bays with clock and date 1887.

Listing NGR: SJ3500888961

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 359562

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing