MAIN STABLE BLOCK

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1063413

Date first listed: 01-Nov-1966

Date of most recent amendment: 24-Jan-1985

Statutory Address: MAIN STABLE BLOCK

Map

Ordnance survey map of MAIN STABLE BLOCK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1063413 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 05:10:40.

Location

Statutory Address: MAIN STABLE BLOCK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: West Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Brocklesby

National Grid Reference: TA 13673 11445

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TA 11 SW BROCKLESBY BROCKLESBY PARK'

1/17 Main Stable Block 1-11-66 (Formerly listed as Stables G.V. at Brocklesby Hall) II* Stable block, Late C17 or C18 quadrangular court with side walls and boxes rebuilt circa 1866. Red brick with hipped slate roofs, single storey. South front has central 4 bays advanced and pedimented, clock face over central door in stone surround with cornice and keystone, flanked by 3 sash windows to either side under flat rubbed brick arches. At the centre of the southern roof ridge is a wooden turret with circular louvred window, cupola, wrought iron weather vane in the shape of a fox. The east front has an advanced ashlar faced centrepiece of 2 basket arches with pediment over containing a circular light. The rest of the fenestration is circa 1866, but the early rusticated quoins remain.

Listing NGR: TA1367311445

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 196567

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 27 Lincolnshire,

End of official listing