CAISTOR METHODIST CHAPEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1063420

Date first listed: 24-Jan-1985

Statutory Address: CAISTOR METHODIST CHAPEL, CHAPEL STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CAISTOR METHODIST CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1063420 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 19:27:49.

Location

Statutory Address: CAISTOR METHODIST CHAPEL, CHAPEL STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: West Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Caistor

National Grid Reference: TA 11768 01376

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TA 1001-1101 CAISTOR CHAPEL STREET

9/41 Caistor Methodist Chapel

G.V. II

Chapel, circa 1840, red brick, ashlar dressings, slate roof with 2 wall stacks. Basement with 2 storey 3 bay front, deep plinth upon which 4 pilaster rest which divide the facade into 3 irregular bays, the central bay being wider than the flankers. The pilasters rise up to roll moulded capitals with a frieze and a full stone lined pediment in the centre of which is a pierced stone roundel. Second floor brick band. Basement has a central plain door with 5 pane overlight flanked by single glazing bar sashes having slightly segmental stone lintels. On the first floor is a central triple window with moulded capitals and arches, 5 panes with stained glass borders. Flanked by single double windows in a similar but plainer style. The second floor matches the first. Between the first and the second floors is a stone tablet inscribed 'Wesleyan Chapel'. Right side has 4 bays with pilasters, each panel. having dentillated cornice and first floor band and containing single sashes at ground and first floor levels having moulded brick heads, with gabled porch dated 1900 at left. Inside, a complete first floor gallery in the form of a flattened oval, panelled wood front, the whole supported on iron stanchions in the form of baseless round Tuscan columns. Pews are original, but reader's desk is later. 2 staircases outside the main hall have plain square section balusters, curling handrails and open treads. Upstairs all is grained and painted to resemble good deal; a complete set of box pews. Ceiling has a decorative plaster rose at its centre with acanthus leaves and round the margins of the ceiling is a pierced decorative iron ventilator grille.

Listing NGR: TA1176801376

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 196592

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing