This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE OLD VICARAGE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE OLD VICARAGE

List entry Number: 1063437

Location

THE OLD VICARAGE, CHURCH LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: West Lindsey

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Owersby

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 01-Nov-1966

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 196523

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 09 SE OWERSBY CHURCH LANE North Owersby

8/43 The Old Vicarage

1-11-66 II

Former vicarage, now house; 1699 with addition and alterations of 1853. Red brick and pantile roof with raised tumbled brick coped gables, 2 brick gable stacks, 2 external wall stacks and one ridge stack. Parellel ranges plan, the rear being 1699, the front an addition of 1853 by a local surveyor R. Cotton of Caistor, built out of reused materials to match in with the existing building. Front has 2 storey with garret 3 bay facade with a central 1/2 glazed panelled door, flanked by single full height French windows with splayed ashlar lintels. To 1st floor are 3 glazing bar sashes with segmental brick heads. The main entrance door is in the left hand gable end and is 1/2 glazed with a traceried overlight and has a C20 door surround. All fenestration of the rear wing is C19. The earlier rear range has narrower redder bricks with many burnt purple ones and has at each end a large external wall stack tapering to a gable stack. In the C19 alterations the internal wall of the stack has been removed and in the right hand gable a door has been inserted into the base of the stack and in the left hand gable a ground and 1st floor glazing bar sash have been similarly inserted. The dates of the 2 phases of the house have been obtained from the terriers at Lincoln Archives Office.

Listing NGR: TF0611394846

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 06113 94846

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1063437 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Feb-2018 at 10:18:34.

End of official listing