MAGISTRATES COURT AND POLICE STATION

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1063450
Date first listed:
16-May-1984
Statutory Address:
MAGISTRATES COURT AND POLICE STATION, KILNWELL ROAD

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1063450.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Jul-2021 at 12:58:18.

Location

Statutory Address:
MAGISTRATES COURT AND POLICE STATION, KILNWELL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
West Lindsey (District Authority)
Parish:
Market Rasen
National Grid Reference:
TF 10542 89099

Details

TF 1089-1189 KILNWELL ROAD 1/13 Magistrates' Court and Police Station

II

1849. Brick with stone dressings, hipped slate roof. H-plan single storey, though south range has first floor addition. East facade, double fronted 3 bay recessed centre, round headed doorway, stone pilasters and arch with heavy keystone and fanlight. 19C. Iron globe light fitting suspended from above. Sash windows with plain stone surrounds. Identical doorway on side of north projecting bay. Outer bays have sash windows with brick voussoirs. North facade, 4 bays, with off-centre door, again stone arched, 3 sash windows. South facade, yet another arch doorway with single plain windows either side, and modern windows on extension above. Minor additions to west.

Listing NGR: TF1054289099

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
196445
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 23 Mar 2002
Reference: IOE01/05925/29
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Brian Harris. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].