COXWOLD HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1063506
Date first listed:
21-Dec-1984
Statutory Address:
COXWOLD HALL, CAISTOR ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of COXWOLD HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1063506 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Jul-2019 at 13:18:37.

Location

Statutory Address:
COXWOLD HALL, CAISTOR ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
West Lindsey (District Authority)
Parish:
Swallow
National Grid Reference:
TA 17106 01234

Details

TA 10 SE SWALLOW CAISTOR ROAD (north side)

2/22 Coxwold Hall

II

Small country house. 1860-1 by James K Colling. Red brick with burnt brick and ashlar dressings. Slate roofs with ornate barge boards decorative ridge tiles and double gable stacks and 4 tripartite ridge stacks of tall 'Tudor' type. 2 storey. 7 irregular bays with long, lower service wing to right at rear. Brick plinth and dogtooth eaves. Slightly projecting bay to left with splayed bay window with Caenarvon headed lights and transom. Above 2 light window, each light with Caenarvon head. 3 bays to right with 3 windows each of 2 lights with Caenarvon heads and transoms. 2 dormers above with gabled heads and each with 2 light windows heads. Between dormers an ornate plaque with deer, foliage and dated 1860. Single storey bell to right with conical roof with lantern. Single large pointed window with tracery and french windows. Gabled bay further right with large projecting stack with ornate burnt brick decoration. To left of stack, narrow rectangular sash. Above, flanking stack on both sides single 2 light mullion and transom windows. Low service wing to rear has pyramidal bell turret and 2 double stack and single, tripartite stack.



Listing NGR: TA1710601234

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
196377
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].