This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

STABLES AND GATE PIERS TO SOUTH ORMSBY HALL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: STABLES AND GATE PIERS TO SOUTH ORMSBY HALL

List entry Number: 1063597

Location

STABLES AND GATE PIERS TO SOUTH ORMSBY HALL, MAIN STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

District Type: District Authority

Parish: South Ormsby cum Ketsby

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 29-Jul-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 196095

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SOUTH ORMSBY CUM KETSBY off MAIN STREET TF 37 NE (west side) 1/29 Stables and gate piers to South Ormsby Hall G.V. II

Stables and gate piers. c.1755 by James Paine. Altered C20. Red brick in Flemish bond with ashlar dressings and pantile roof with raised tumbled gables and wooden hipped bellcote. Single storey, 8 bay front having plinth, dentillated eaves course. Central 2 bays advanced with 2 elliptical carriage arches, flanked by rusticated and pecked ashlar blocked openings with segmental heads, which have to each side single blank openings, with semi-circular heads, ashlar key and impost blocks. To each end are rusticated piers with ashlar ball finials and a similar gate pier to the stable yard. Source: shown on Nattes drawing of 1793, in Banks Collection.

Listing NGR: TF3675675556

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 36756 75556

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1063597 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Aug-2018 at 01:33:21.

End of official listing