CHURCH OF ST HELEN

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1063607
Date first listed:
03-Feb-1967
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST HELEN, OFF NORTHFIELD ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST HELEN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1063607.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Feb-2020 at 18:31:08.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST HELEN, OFF NORTHFIELD ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
East Lindsey (District Authority)
Parish:
Ashby with Scremby
National Grid Reference:
TF 42886 66878

Details

ASHBY BY PARTNEY off NORTHFIELD ROAD TF 46 NW (west side) 3/2 Church of St. Helen 3.2.67 G.V. II Parish church. 1841, restored 1892 by C. Hodgson Fowler. Pale orange brick, ashlar dressings, slate roofs. Western tower, nave, chancel. 2 stage tower with plinth, ashlar string courses, battlemented ashlar parapet. To belfry stage a pointed louvred light. On south side a pointed doorway with narrow rectangular light above. On the west face a worn inscription panel. The nave walls have plinth and corbelled out eaves course, with 2 pointed lights in ashlar surrounds. The lower chancel is similar with a single pointed light to each side. Interior has chamfered Tudor chancel arch. On chancel east wall 2 ashlar panels of shields in quatrefoils. Fittings all C19 include 2 commandment boards. Plain octagonal C14 font. On the west wall of the nave a plaque to George Gilbi d.1580 with a scrolled surround and an inscription.

Listing NGR: TF4288666878

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
196117
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 13 Feb 2007
Reference: IOE01/16117/06
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr James Brown. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].