WESTERN STABLE BLOCK, GUNBY HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1063657

Date first listed: 03-Feb-1967

Statutory Address: WESTERN STABLE BLOCK, GUNBY HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of WESTERN STABLE BLOCK, GUNBY HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1063657 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Dec-2018 at 06:44:52.

Location

Statutory Address: WESTERN STABLE BLOCK, GUNBY HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Candlesby with Gunby

National Grid Reference: TF 46715 66932

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 46 NE GUNBY GUNBY PARK

5/23 Western Stable Block, Gunby Hall 3.2.67

G.V. II* Stable block. 1736 with alterations of 1917. Red brick in Flemish bond, ashlar dressings, hipped pantile roof with lead dressings, weatherboarded timber clock tower with shaped lead roof. 2 storey, 5 bay front arranged 2:1:2, the centre bay slightly advanced. Plinth, first floor band and dentillated eaves course. Central semi-circular arch with moulded ashlar impost blocks and keystone inscribed 'WM 1736'. Planked double doors. Flanked by pairs of glazing bar sashes with segmental brick heads. To first floor a central oeil de boeuf with ashlar surround, flanked by 2 glazing bar sashes to eaves. On the ridge the clock tower has a dentillated cornice and a bellcote supported on 4 panelled wooden columns. Above a weathervane, wrought iron and gilded. Painted circular clock face. The clock was designed by the brothers Adam for Hook Place, Hants., in 1778, and brought here in 1917 to commemorate the return of Stephen Massinqberd from the Great War.

Listing NGR: TF4671566932

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 196024

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 27 Lincolnshire,

End of official listing