CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1063660

Date first listed: 03-Feb-1967

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, WILLOUGHBY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST ANDREW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1063660 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 17:48:22.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, WILLOUGHBY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Claxby St. Andrew

National Grid Reference: TF 45292 71479

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CLAXBY WILLOUGHBY ROAD TF 47 SE (south side)

5/2 Church of St. Andrew 3.2.67

G.V. II

Parish church, now disused. 1846. Stock brick, ashlar dressings. Slate roofs. Coped gables. Single ridge crosses to the east nave and east chancel. Raised eaves band to the nave with dentil decoration. Pilaster buttresses. Continuous sill band to all but the west nave and vestry. Nave with west bellcote, chancel and south vestry. Gabled bellcote, the west side supported on 4 decorative corbels. Cable moulded arch for bell supported on single colonnettes with scalloped capitals. West wall with doorway set into a shallow lean-to. 2 pairs of colonnettes with scalloped capitals support arches of cehvron. Chevron and bobbin moulded hood mould with grotesque head label stops. Above, set in to an arched recess with chamfered ashlar band under is a single window with 3 arched lights, the central light being taller and flanked by single colonnettes with scalloped capitals. All 3 with chevron moulded architraves. Hood mould and grotesque label stops. The north nave has 2 arched windows with chevron moulded architraves. The east chancel window has 3 arched lights, the single central light being tallest. The east vestry has a single arched light. The south nave wall corresponds to the north nave. Interior. Moulded chancel arch supported on single pair of responds with capitals decorated with cable and zigzag. Either side and flanking the arch are single arched shallow niches each with single pair of responds with scalloped capital supporting the moulded arch. Similar arch from rear of pulpit to vestry. East window with 4 colonnettes with scalloped capitals supporting decorative moulded arch over. Low altar rails, small columns with scalloped capitals support arches of cable, dogtooth and chevron, ashlar rail over. Doorway from south chancel to vestry. Decorative C19 circular ashlar font. The floor of the chancel is tiled. East nave with brass plaque to Richard Johnson, 1607.

Listing NGR: TF4529271479

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 195929

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing