CHURCH OF ST PETER

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1063698

Date first listed: 09-Mar-1967

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST PETER, FARFORTH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST PETER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1063698 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Dec-2018 at 15:07:37.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST PETER, FARFORTH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Maidenwell

National Grid Reference: TF 31912 78510

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MAIDENWELL FARFORTH LANE TF 37 NW (east side)

7/26 Church of St.Peter 9.3.67

II

Parish church. 1861, re-using some medieval fragments. Green sandstone rubble, limestone ashlar dressings. Slate with stone coped gables and finials and gabled west bellcote with pointed opening containing bell, hood mould and label stops. Nave with bellcote and small porch, chancel. Plinth runs round entire church. West front with 2 stage diagonal buttresses, a pair of lancets with small vesica above, all with hood moulds and,label stops. North side of nave with 2 pairs of lancets alternating with 2 stage buttresses, the windows with hood moulds and label stops. North side of chancel plain. East end with triple lancets, that in the centre being taller, with hood mould and label stops. South side of chancel with 2 lancets; south side of nave with 2 pairs of lancets, all with hood moulds and label stops. Slightly projecting gabled porch to west with pointed doorway with continuous chamfered surround and double plank doors. Late C13 chancel arch inside with pointed double chamfered head, the semi-circular moulded capitals of 3 large responds on each side, but with 3 much smaller shafts, also of medieval origins, inserted beneath. East window with re-used C13 nook shafts, hood moulds and label stops. C15 plain octagonal font with simply cusped panelled pediment. C19 altar rail, pews, lectern and roofs. Ashlar monument re-set in south wall to George Dunham, died 1725, with simple bands around border with daisy head, lily and thistle motifs. Gravestone in nave to Mary Mosely, died 1742. 2 long framed pieces of embroidery depicting the 119th Psalm.

Listing NGR: TF3191278510

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 195910

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing