ST MICHAELS MANOR

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1063750
Date first listed:
14-Mar-1975
Statutory Address:
ST MICHAELS MANOR, WOOLTON ROAD, LIVERPOOL

Map

Ordnance survey map of ST MICHAELS MANOR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1063750 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Jul-2019 at 17:31:29.

Location

Statutory Address:
ST MICHAELS MANOR, WOOLTON ROAD, LIVERPOOL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Liverpool (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SJ 41228 85584

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 01/09/2014

SJ 48 NW 8/1394

WOOLTON ROAD, L25, St Michaels Manor

(Formerly listed as Springwood House (now a Cheshire home))

14.3.75.

GV II House. 1839. Stone with hipped roof. Two storeys, five bays. First floor sill band, top cornice and parapet with panelled, chamfered projection angle pilasters. Three-bay centre breaks forward. Windows in architraves, those to first floor are eared, sashed with glazing bars. Enclosed porch with angle pilasters and pierced parapet with flanking balconies to first floor windows. Architraved entrance has paired two-panel doors. Left return has low extension with large windows between pilasters. Interior has entrance hall, and inner staircase hall with balustrade and columns in Regency manner, contemporary plaster work, marble mantelpieces.

Listing NGR: SJ4122885584

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
359775
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 10 Jan 2003
Reference: IOE01/09537/26
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Patrick Norris. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].