CEMETERY CHAPEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1063768

Date first listed: 25-Mar-1987

Statutory Address: CEMETERY CHAPEL, BOSTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CEMETERY CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1063768 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 23:34:32.

Location

Statutory Address: CEMETERY CHAPEL, BOSTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Horncastle

National Grid Reference: TF 26377 68605

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 36 NW HORNCASTLE BOSTON ROAD (east side)

4/14 Cemetery Chapel II

Cemetery chapel. 1888. Coursed blue lias rubble with limestone ashlar dressings. Slate roofs with decorative red ridge tiles, stone coped gables and cross finials. Nave with north-west spirelet, south vestry-store room, small chancel. Ashlar dressed plinth runs round entire chapel. Moulded string course rises to run below west window with pointed head, 3 cusped lights, Decorated tracery, hood mould and label stops. Steep gable rises above with cusped oculus. North west diagonal buttress rises up to octagonal ashlar turret with 8 pointed, cusped, narrow openings, spirelet and finial. 3 bay north side with central steeply gabled bay projecting slightly. Large central pointed doorway with ashlar quoins, hood mould with label stops, double plank doors and shield above inscribed: "1888". Doorway flanked by single, pointed, cusped windows. East end with single pointed window with trefoiled head with trefoiled mouchette above. South side of chancel with single cusped lancet. East front of south vestry with large triangular headed doorway, with chamfered surround and triple plank doors. South side with curved triangular window with cusping. West end of vestry with large triangular headed doorway with chamfered surround, hood mould, foliate label stops and triple plank door. Plate trefoil in gable above. South side of nave with single cusped lancet.

Listing NGR: TF2637768605

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 195671

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing