DYSON PERRINS MEMORIAL ABOUT 30 METRES TO W OF CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1063811

Date first listed: 21-Mar-1985

Date of most recent amendment: 27-Jun-2001

Statutory Address: DYSON PERRINS MEMORIAL ABOUT 30 METRES TO W OF CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST, CLAINES LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of DYSON PERRINS MEMORIAL ABOUT 30 METRES TO W OF CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1063811 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 15:11:03.

Location

Statutory Address: DYSON PERRINS MEMORIAL ABOUT 30 METRES TO W OF CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST, CLAINES LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Worcestershire

District: Worcester (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: SO 85110 58857

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WORCESTER

SO85NE CLAINES LANE, Claines 620-1/2/664 (South side) 21/03/85 Dyson Perrins memorial about 30 metres to W of Church of St John the Baptist (Formerly Listed as: NORTH CLAINES CLAINES LANE (South side) Dyson Perrins memorial about 33 yards west of the Church of St John the Baptist)

GV II

Chest tomb. Mid C19. White marble on pink granite base. Gothic style. Moulded plinth and flat capping; capping has an ivy leaf frieze, and a cross carved upon it with foliage decoration at each end of the arms. Corner piers, and central pilaster to long sides, all with 2 pointed arched, cusped, recessed panels, one above the other; the inscription panels are also recessed behind cusped 2-centred arches with foliated relief work in spandrels. North-east side panels commemorate Sarah Dyson Perrins, died 1855, and William Perrins died 1867; south-west left panel commemorates James Dyson Perrins, died 1887, the right panel is blank; the west end panel commemorates Judith Perrins, died 1865, and the east end panel Alice Mary Dyson Perrins, died 1860. William Perrins and his partner, John Wheeley Lea, founded the Lea and Perrins Worcestershire Sauce Company, first marketed in 1840, which brought considerable wealth to both families. William Perrins married Sarah Dyson in 1823 and their grandson, Charles William Dyson Perrins, 1864/1958, was able to establish his outstanding collection of Early Worcester Porcelain and Illuminated Manuscripts with this inherited wealth.

Formerly listed in the parish of North Claines on the 71st list for the District of Wychavon, County of Hereford & Worcester.



Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 488644

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing