This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST

List entry Number: 1064039

Location

CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST, MAIN STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: West Lindsey

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Lissington

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 01-Nov-1966

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 197144

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 18 SW LISSINGTON MAIN STREET

5/19 Church of St.John the 1.11.66 Baptist

II

Parish church. c.1796, restoration of 1895 and addition of 1925. Squared ironstone and limestone rubble with brick dressings, some render, plain tiled roofs. Nave with western bellcote and south porch, chancel, vestry. At the west end is a slight projection supporting a bellcote with semi-circular arched brick head. In the west wall is a single lancet window. A dentillated brick eaves course continues round the building. North wall of nave has 2 three light leaded windows with semi-circular brick arched heads having ashlar key and impost blocks. The rendered vestry with hipped and gabled roofs has a Diocletian window in the north wall. There is a C20 east door and window. The chancel east window is of 2 lights with pointed timber tracery and arched brick head. Between 2 semi-circular headed windows in the chancel south wall is a blocked doorway with brick segmental head. The nave south wall matches the north. Gabled south porch of 1925 has pointed outer doorway surmounted by wooden cross, side benches and diagonally planked double inner doors with chamfered head. Interior. Nave walls have raised and fielded dado panelling. The lower part of the open chancel screen is composed of turned balusters with moulded handrail, probably a survival of early C18. All fittings are C19 including painted wooden commandment boards on nave walls and octagonal moulded font.

Listing NGR: TF1091583553

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 10915 83553

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1064039 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-May-2018 at 07:16:34.

End of official listing