CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1064095

Date first listed: 30-Nov-1966

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1064095 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 19:49:11.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: West Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Broxholme

National Grid Reference: SK 91085 78121

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 97 SW BROXHOLME CHURCH LANE

4/7 Church of 30-11-66 All Saints

G.V. II

Parish church. 1857 by T.C. Hine. Rock faced ashlar, stone coped gables and slate roofs. Nave, chancel, south porch, north chapel, south west bell tower. West end has 3 buttresses and a plinth with paired lancets, above is a trefoil light in a circular surround. At the south west angle an octagonal bell tower rises above a smaller lancet and has cusped lights in ashlar surrounds with a pointed roof. North wall of nave has a single lancet and a 2 light window with quatrefoil over. The north chapel has in its west wall a single lancet and to the north wall is one 2 light window and a further single lancet. The chapel has 2 gables to this side. To the east wall of the chapel is a single lancet. The chancel east wall has a 3 light window with a cusped quatrefoil in the head. Chancel south wall has a pointed and single chamfered priest's door with elaborate ironwork flanked by single lancets. Nave south wall has one 2 light window and a single lancet. The south porch has an outer pointed chamfered doorway and single ogee headed side lights. The inner doorway matches the outer. All windows have cusped tracery to the heads, hood moulds and decorative label stops. Interior. Pointed chancel arch with double chamfers, octagonal responds and capitals, double chamfered pointed arch dying into the reveals to the north chapel. Texts are painted over the south doorway, the chancel arch and the priest's door. North chapel is divided into 2 parts, the eastern chamber is continuous with the choir and the western chamber contains pews. Between them is a 2 light opening with Early English style shafts and pointed heads. The eastern chamber is entered by a second pointed arch from the chancel. All fittings, including the unusual altar table supported on turned balusters, choir stalls and lectern are 1857.

Listing NGR: SK9108578121

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 196971

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing